View Poll Results: Space Mountain: Better old or new?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • The old version is way better!!!

24 30.00%
  • The New one rules!!!

44 55.00%
  • There about the same to me

12 15.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Just one of those days

Re: The Old Space Mountain

I can't remember the old one too well, but I do remember that there were planets in it (Saturn) and the arrows on the lifthill.

For some reason, I can't remember the soundtrack being off, and I can't remember it being on, either. I still have the old soundtrack on my Ipod, but I can't remember it with the ride.

Help!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I remember the queue had televisions that showed aliens trying to sell off things, kinda like those commercials you see late at night with some crazy guy selling cars, does the Florida original have this?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    I remember the queue had televisions that showed aliens trying to sell off things, kinda like those commercials you see late at night with some crazy guy selling cars, does the Florida original have this?
    Nope. Although I like Florida's queue better than ours. It's longer and all underground because they have to get people under the Railroad to enter the show building.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• A Weather Eye Open

with the wind blowers on
    wait, there's wind blowers? gah. i had no idea, and yet.... it explains a lot.

i never went on the old one. for my first time, it was Rockin', and i loved the flashing concert-like lights. but i like it now too.

i would like the old entrance back; it looks way cooler in the pictures i've seen.
    it's a shame there's no way to put the windows back in the queue without letting light into the ride itself. then we could have our cake and eat it too.

Not so much windblowers as a really forceful air conditioning system.

• CiDi inc...

well personally i have never been on the very first one, but i heard it was a lot more "jerky" but i have no idea so i guess i have to like the new one haha
    Remember what ever comes, just have fun and you'll be alright

now I cant be sure as I'm not old enough to have experianced it but didnt the original Space Mtn. seat 4 to a car? (2 pairs of 2) someone once told me that when the track was altered, the cars were replaced too. Also, it has been quite a while since Ive been to Florida but from what I could tell in '05 there isnt much differance between the two Mountains I'm probably wrong on this though

• Iron-Clad Allie

Wonderful post pongee - and relative to the on-going topical MC debates. Welcome to MiceChat! I am attached to certain aspects of Disneyland which I hope will never change. After all, change just for change sake is NOT a good thing. On the other hand, Walt Disney is said to have loved change.

That's what show business is about - not performing the same act all the time. Almost everybody gets bored and stops coming - everyone except a few that feel insecure with change. Seems as though they would rather see the show grow stale and go out of business. They would rather this occur than enjoy an ever changing culture and witness new creativity and emerging technologies. The shadows of the past is where they want everyone to live. How sad these glummy Gusses are too busy being gloomy to enjoy the unpredictabe dance of life and it's magical joy.

Out with the old - in with the new Space Mountain. It's far better technologically as well as from the visual effects standpoint. However, the new Space Mountain rests on the shoulders of the original (never old in my heart). To the former attraction, we pay tribute to you, my friend. We thank you for all of the delightful spins and wonderful memories - and for giving way to a brand new reincarnation of yourself for us as well as generations yet to come. The future is at hand, long live the past!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-18-2007 at 10:02 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123