Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: July 2, 2007: America on Parade

I was working there at that time, and I loved that parade. Yes, maybe some of the heads could have been a bit smaller and all that.

But I remember working there on the night of July 4, 1976...31 years ago tonight, actually...and I got off my Plaza Pavillion-Tahitian Terrace shift at 7:30pm...just in time to come back and see the special parade presentation and fireworks show that night.

A special time indeed.

Thanks again for the memories, Werner.

--Barry

PS...the first aid nurses back then told me they had several dehydration cases, as you might imagine, with parade people in those costumes and heads in summer temps
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• ...TWO BITS!

The "creepy dolls" are like dolls coming to life in a scary TV episode or horror movie

I was amused by the Aristocats (sp) picture and your caption for it . Quite colorful. But they got human hands, haha.

Thanks for the info.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I remember being one of the live marching band members in the parade. This was the 2nd time I'd marched with my high school down main street, but this time we were playing along with the music from the parade. I remember our drum major having to practice the cues in the music so we would end up starting the same time with the recording. It was really fun!

• Banned User

"America on Parade" was the first truly spectacular parade I ever saw at a Disney Park... (followed by the likes of LIon King Celebration, Party Gras, WDW's Tencennial Parade...and just about any parade made exclusively for TDL.) I only saw WDW's version of America on Parade and will have to say... I am saddened by the fact we don;t see the same caliber of entertainment rolling down both east and west Main Streets USA anymore. Sad indeed. But thanks for bringing back great memories from my childhood... and NO, I was never scared by the big headed dolls.

I remember the parade very well, and saw it dozens of times. I still have many collectables from the parade, including plates, posters, books, t-shirts, and one of the Main Street street lamps plaques (A friend of mine sort of swiped it for me) - I even kept popcorn boxes, napkins, guides books and confetti!

I personally loved it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12