Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Circle of Ancients

Re: July 13, 2007: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    In any case, the Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through attraction that I wrote up for Yesterland is now history.

Maybe we'll get the "21st century take on the 1957 original Eyvind Earle version of the attraction" that Al Lutz described. Maybe we won't.

Please note that Al Lutz wrote about a "tentative plan" (as he called it). Al did not call it news, and Al did not say that anything has been announced, started, approved, or funded.

I hope that this "tentative plan" will eventually become a reality—but, for now, it's just something that Al heard about, presumably from an internal source. And. at this stage, that means it's a rumor.

If it happens, Al can add this one to his long list of Disneyland "scoops."

If it never happens, it doesn't mean that Al was wrong about a "tentative plan." It would just mean that the plan was not approved for some reason.
    Like I've stated in another thread, it woud be stupid for Disney not to cash in on a potentially prime piece of real-estate. I understand that everything is tentative, but I mean the outlook for the attraction was so dismal since it closed, that having someone like Al Lutz report on its potential opening is great news for all Disney fans. We have to keep our fingers crossed and keep wishing on those stars.

By the way, the article and photo tour of the old attraction was great. I love Yesterland. But having something return to Disneyland from Yesterland is even better --- One of the reasons, I'm sure, so many people are so excited about the Castle's rumored return. It was a very well timed update.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Ah, the irony!

I'm so excited. I'm going to put faith into this...Tony Baxter finally has a say, and Uncle John is all about giving DLR love.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    Please note that Al Lutz wrote about a "tentative plan" (as he called it). Al did not call it news, and Al did not say that anything has been announced, started, approved, or funded.
    Tentative is still better than nothing!

• x ride operator NOBC

Many of the windows were refurbished using elements from the Main Street Emporium windows from the summer of 1969 promoting the re-release of Sleeping Beauty.

The windows on Main Street in those days were impressive and sophisticated. It's sad they don't even try to replicate that lost art. There also was an article in Disney News either summer or fall 1969 about the building of the windows.

If you want to see Eyvind Earle's original window designs, they can be seen in the Sleeping Beauty Castle free handout booklet that was given out when the attraction opened.

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by soundhound View Post
    As recently as January of this year I was inside the castle. While there are reminants of the sets still there, they are all heavily gutted, and most bear little resemblance to what they used to look like. The stairs, paneling and such are still there, but many of the walls and other areas have been cut away for use of the laser show equipment, fireworks etc.

maybe this is the real reason they closed the attraction...
    to make room for equipment used in the castle fireworks...

seem's a shame I did a similar walk through to this in paris...
    cant remember much about it (to say I've been there too many times)
    my favourite part was the stained glass windows and the rose from beauty and the beast placed in its glass chamber :]

I got excited when I started reading the post thinking I had somehow missed the attraction ...very dissapointed it has gone!

does anybody know if when you look up whilst walking through the castle if you can still see the stained glass windows on the balcony?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234