Thread: Greetings!

Greetings!

Hello everyone.
    I have been checking out the Yesterland website for quite some time, but just joined these forums today.
    I grew up in Anaheim, practically right next door to Disneyland. My family moved there in 1972 at the end of my 4th grade school year.
    I started my website, Synthetrix Photos Of The Forgotten, to show some old pictures I had taken of the Anahiem that I grew up in, but it has grown to so much more. I am a big fan of googie and mid-century modern architecture and there is lots of that on the site as well.
    I think many of you will enjoy the nostalgia there, so check it out when you have some time and if any of you have any questions about anything you see on the site, feel free to drop me a line.
    The website address is

http://photosoftheforgotten.synthetrix.com

If you are into electronic music, you can go to www.synthetrix.com and find your way to the music section to hear my stuff. All my albums are available on iTunes.

Ciao for now,
    Victor (Synthetrix) Stapf

Here is a taste of what you will see on the site.

• Banned User

Re: Greetings!

Welcome to MiceChat, Synthetrix! I've been to your site before and have long enjoyed it. Glad to see you here!

• Missing DL like crazy

Thanks for the link to all the great pics! Reminds me of growing up in Garden Grove from'77 to '89. All the kids in the neighborhood would climb up onto our roof to watch the DL fireworks in the summer. Too fun! Thanks for the memories!
    I've seen the cursed treasure and I know where it be hidden...

• For You!

I love all the postcards! Thanks for the site link!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Thanks for your website -- great pics. I loved the old theaters -- I spent many Saturdays at the Nubel in Bellflower (where I grew up), including a pie eating contest I participated in. I still can't eat chocolate pies to this day! I also was lucky enough to see the Beatles, A Hard Days Night at the Nubel's special first showing of the movie. They allowed screaming at that showing ONLY! If you went and saw the movie after that, you could not scream or you got thrown out. Thanks for the pictures and memories.
    Did you ever go rollerskating at the many rinks in southern Calif.? That was another of our many Saturday activies -- at the Downey skating rink.
    Happy memories!
    Sunny4ever
    "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome to MiceChat, Synthetrix!

I really enjoyed looking at your site and remembering the Anaheim area that I grew up with.

And I loved the description of one of your skateboard shots from the Convention Center - wearing OP shorts, a pair of VANS, and a t-shirt with the iron-on from the movie "Go For It"....Yep, that would be the 70's alright. Far Out.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Great site! As a kid, I always wanted to stay at the Space Age Lodge. We lived in San Diego, though, so we always just drove home after visiting Disneyland. Finally, last year I got to spend the night there. Ah, well... it's a little different now.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny4ever View Post
    Thanks for your website -- great pics. I loved the old theaters -- I spent many Saturdays at the Nubel in Bellflower (where I grew up), including a pie eating contest I participated in. I still can't eat chocolate pies to this day! I also was lucky enough to see the Beatles, A Hard Days Night at the Nubel's special first showing of the movie. They allowed screaming at that showing ONLY! If you went and saw the movie after that, you could not scream or you got thrown out. Thanks for the pictures and memories.
    Did you ever go rollerskating at the many rinks in southern Calif.? That was another of our many Saturday activies -- at the Downey skating rink.
    Happy memories!
    I used to skate at SKATE RANCH in Santa Ana just off the 5 freeway. It was torn down over 20 years ago when they built the Main Place mall.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetrix View Post
    I used to skate at SKATE RANCH in Santa Ana just off the 5 freeway. It was torn down over 20 years ago when they built the Main Place mall.
    Oh my God, SKATE RANCH. I have not even heard that name in over 20 years. Yes! I think I might have gone there just once - not really sure - but I remember going past it on the 5 Freeway and on Main Street. It was torn down not for the MainPlace Mall (which was previously the Santa Ana Fashion Square), but for the widening of the 5 Freeway in the early 1990s.

Hey, look, I found a page about it, with a little photo: http://www.octhen.com/2006/02/skate-...-santa-ana.htm