Disneyland Gallery

I just learned that the gallery has closed its doors! Am I the last to know??? A sad loss for Disneyland, but a treasure for Yesterland. My daughter and were just there in July. It was one of my favorite spots in the park. I'm so bummed out!!

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I just learned that the gallery has closed its doors! Am I the last to know??? A sad loss for Disneyland, but a treasure for Yesterland. My daughter and were just there in July. It was one of my favorite spots in the park. I'm so bummed out!!
    Quite possibly! ha! I was there 3 weeks ago and it was their last week. I took SO many photos in anticipation. They were celebrating their 20th anniversary this year too. SOOOOOOOOOOOO sad. Like you, I love the Disney Gallery. My kids, hubby and I have been going there forever. Well, for 20 years, to be exact!

I miss the penny arcade -- I don't know if Disneyland has it anymore, DisneyWorld does not. It's not a ride, but I looked to seeing it everytime I went to Disneyland while growing up. DisneyWorld also does not have (that I could see) the hat shops where you could get your name embroidered on the hats. Do they still do that at Disneyland?
    Sunny4ever
    "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

Quote Originally Posted by sunny4ever View Post
    I miss the penny arcade -- I don't know if Disneyland has it anymore, DisneyWorld does not. It's not a ride, but I looked to seeing it everytime I went to Disneyland while growing up. DisneyWorld also does not have (that I could see) the hat shops where you could get your name embroidered on the hats. Do they still do that at Disneyland?
    I can assure you that the Penny Arcade is still open for business on Main Street USA but, these days it's used mainly as a shopping area. You can still have your name embroidered at Disneyland. I've never been to WDW (gasp! How could you?)

Disney Gallery is gone? Oh no! I visited that place every time! It was also a great secret spot to catch Fantasmic.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunny4ever View Post
    DisneyWorld also does not have (that I could see) the hat shops where you could get your name embroidered on the hats.
    They do still have this on Main Street in Walt Disney World. The shop is on the right side of Main Street, tucked away in the corner, by the DVC info center.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

How sad is that?? The gallery was a fantastic place to stop to cool down on a hot day and enjoy some great artwork

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pongee View Post
    How sad is that?? The gallery was a fantastic place to stop to cool down on a hot day and enjoy some great artwork
    Agreed! I always sat to rest in the courtyard of the Gallery.