Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Carmichael, California, United States
    Posts
    748

    Disneyland Gallery

    I just learned that the gallery has closed its doors! Am I the last to know??? A sad loss for Disneyland, but a treasure for Yesterland. My daughter and were just there in July. It was one of my favorite spots in the park. I'm so bummed out!!

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: Disneyland Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I just learned that the gallery has closed its doors! Am I the last to know??? A sad loss for Disneyland, but a treasure for Yesterland. My daughter and were just there in July. It was one of my favorite spots in the park. I'm so bummed out!!
    Quite possibly! ha! I was there 3 weeks ago and it was their last week. I took SO many photos in anticipation. They were celebrating their 20th anniversary this year too. SOOOOOOOOOOOO sad. Like you, I love the Disney Gallery. My kids, hubby and I have been going there forever. Well, for 20 years, to be exact!

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    8

    Re: Disneyland Gallery

    I miss the penny arcade -- I don't know if Disneyland has it anymore, DisneyWorld does not. It's not a ride, but I looked to seeing it everytime I went to Disneyland while growing up. DisneyWorld also does not have (that I could see) the hat shops where you could get your name embroidered on the hats. Do they still do that at Disneyland?
    Sunny4ever
    "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

  4. #4

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: Disneyland Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny4ever View Post
    I miss the penny arcade -- I don't know if Disneyland has it anymore, DisneyWorld does not. It's not a ride, but I looked to seeing it everytime I went to Disneyland while growing up. DisneyWorld also does not have (that I could see) the hat shops where you could get your name embroidered on the hats. Do they still do that at Disneyland?
    I can assure you that the Penny Arcade is still open for business on Main Street USA but, these days it's used mainly as a shopping area. You can still have your name embroidered at Disneyland. I've never been to WDW (gasp! How could you?)

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Disneyland Gallery

    Disney Gallery is gone? Oh no! I visited that place every time! It was also a great secret spot to catch Fantasmic.

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Disneyland Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny4ever View Post
    DisneyWorld also does not have (that I could see) the hat shops where you could get your name embroidered on the hats.
    They do still have this on Main Street in Walt Disney World. The shop is on the right side of Main Street, tucked away in the corner, by the DVC info center.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Schererville, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    83

    Re: Disneyland Gallery

    How sad is that?? The gallery was a fantastic place to stop to cool down on a hot day and enjoy some great artwork

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: Disneyland Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by pongee View Post
    How sad is that?? The gallery was a fantastic place to stop to cool down on a hot day and enjoy some great artwork
    Agreed! I always sat to rest in the courtyard of the Gallery.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 12:30 AM
  2. Disneyland Update: Secrets of the Disney Gallery
    By disneylandtour in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
  3. Circarama plans sojourn to Disneyland in honor of The Disney Gallery.
    By Circarama in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 04:22 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
  5. Want to buy a Disneyland Shooting Gallery? For $120,000
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 10:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •