MSN Article - 10 Things I miss About Disneyland

You guys see this one yet? It popped up on MSN this afternoon.

http://cityguides.msn.com/citylife/a...7443&GT1=10269

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: MSN Article - 10 Things I miss About Disneyland

Man he's preaching to the choir. Anyone here remember how Disney used to inspire and edutain???!!!! How I miss those days. But sadly we know, as I sit alone in Golden Dreams, or Seasons of the Vine, wait to go into a 1/10th full CoP theatre in Florida, or stare at Buzz living where Verne used to teach in Paris, that people do not want to learn and have fun at the same time anymore. It breaks my heart.

Almost every attraction this author (and I) miss had an educational aspect to it. No longer.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• skyway fan!

at least he mentioned the skyway
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

Great article huh? While I completely agree about BCJ and America Sings-- I have to say that I hated Rocket to the Moon and InnerSpace. I found nothing magical in those rides.
    My fondness memories for Disneyland is running into a character and having a little interaction with him. Captain Hook once stole my lunch from the space port in Tomorrowland. My friend and I chased him and Smee around for a good 20 minutes.
    On another trip, I played charades with the Friar from Robin Hood. What do I miss more than these spontaneous interactions?-- the variety of disney characters. These days you get Pooh, Mickey and any princess you would want. But what about Robin Hood, Brer Bear and Brer Fox, The Three Little Pigs (anyone??-- one of my favorite photos is of one of the 3 little Pigs. He wrote GIVE UP HAM---EAT TURKEY in my autograph book. Sweet) A little variety would be nice.
    Nowadays, when I take my daughter, we only stop for roaming characters and as a result, we never see Mickey. His line is too long. But a couple of years ago we saw Mary Poppins-- she was in the sweetest thing ever (Practically Perfect in Every way for sure). She wasn't just playing Mary Poppins-- she WAS Mary Poppins. I almost cried. My daughter was 5 or 6 at the time and she was just starting to see the show of DL. She'd figured out that that might not BE Ariel. But this woman in her black coat hanging out on Main Street with her Penguin reaffirmed her belief in the magic of Disneyland and mine. Nothing is what it used to be. I miss a lot of things about Disneyland when I was a kid. That's partly my fault. When I was a kid, I hardly ever got to go--maybe once every 5 years--now I have an annual pass and we go all the time. Its lost its specialness. But its magic still exists for me. My daughter and I go and it is fun taking her on Space Mountain--now that she's tall enough. We just ignore the merchandising (if you can) and go with it. It's still the happiest place on earth.

• Banned User

And they gave a linkage to Yesterland!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    And they gave a linkage to Yesterland!
    Yep! And plenty of people followed that link. Last Thursday was Yesterland's biggest day ever. I hope that some of those visitors have now bookmarked Yesterland and that they'll return often. Perhaps some will become participants on MiceChat too.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

I was one of those that found the Yesterland link in the MSN article! And what a treat that was. So I immediately bookmarked it and come to visit everyday. There is still so much to learn that others have knowledge of about Disneyland. I grew up going to DL as Sleepybear did, about every 5 years. Then we moved when I was 16. I wanted to work at DL for my first job, but it never go to be. Darn. I've missed Disneyland and the magic ever since. DisneyWorld is great, but it isn't the same, of course. I look forward to learning from y'all about Disneyland's history and more about Walt Disney, one of my heros. Thanks for the website.
    Sunny4ever
    "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    Yep! And plenty of people followed that link. Last Thursday was Yesterland's biggest day ever.
    That's great, Werner! It ought to help the natural search results like mad! Thanks for creating/maintaining Yesterland. You do us all a great service, for those of us who started reading from the beginning to those just finding it.