Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Re: Golden Horseshoe Revue

Mike, I remember you! Glad you had such a good time. You had a good table too - were you over to the left side of the stage?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Mike, I remember you! Glad you had such a good time. You had a good table too - were you over to the left side of the stage?
    Right side as you're facing it. It was a great location. And, getting to go meet Wally afterwards was great. So was having Bob Gurr, Kirk Wall and John Eaden come over to join in our group photos.
    Last edited by mcow1; 04-01-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    Mike

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Hey Lannie, great to meet you on Saturday! Sorry we didn't get to spend much time to talk. Thanks for all of your hard work with the event.

Can you trell me about the book that was being pre-sold?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Hey Lannie, great to meet you on Saturday! Sorry we didn't get to spend much time to talk. Thanks for all of your hard work with the event.

Can you trell me about the book that was being pre-sold?
    Charlie, it was very nice to meet you too! I knew you immediately and was so glad you walked past my table. Thanks also for introducing me to Dusty, Fishbulb and Aladdin!

Gene Sands is a long time friend of Wally's. Very nice man! He started at Disneyland selling balloons in 1955 and met Wally during the years he worked there. He told me it took 5 years to complete the autobiography, as there was so much information that Wally had to share. He said they would go into Wally's attic and pull down photos and scrapbooks from Wally's vaudeville days and world travel before he started at Disneyland, and of course his career there as well. Bruce Gordon helped with the layout, and sifted through the hundreds of pictures they had. Evidently when Bruce died the book was in his computer and it took a few weeks for Disney to retrieve it. Anyway, the book is called "Wally Boag, the Clown Prince of Disneyland" and will be $66 after shipping/handling. Gene was taking pre-orders and is signing and numbering 500 of the first books. I'm pretty sure that Wally will be signing those as well, as long as his health permits. Carlene Thie will offer pre-orders at this site, http://www.disneylandart.com/wallyboagsbook.htm Gene expects the book to be out and ready late summer, or hopefully in time for the next NFFC show in July.

At the moment, Steve Martin has written a forward, and they're hoping to get one from Julie Andrews as well.

Thanks again for coming to the event the other night. We worked on that since last September and we're all so grateful to everyone for their attendance and support.

Lannie
    Last edited by Neverlandtink; 04-01-2008 at 07:36 PM.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Awww Lannie.

I was there very early, lined up to enter in fact. Got to talk with Denise quite a bit, she's a special girl.
    Both you and Lannie are too nice, Chad. I'm very glad that I got to meet up with you again, and spend more time talking. I hope that (if I'm there in July) that I'll get to spend more time with both of you.

I had a GREAT, great time - I'm very grateful that I was allowed to participate in a small way, even though I live so far away.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I put this in Charlie's thread, too. The OC Register has a front page story on Dana Daniels running today.
    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/d...-nothing-magic
    Mike

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Mike, thanks for the link. I will post that over on our Apepen board. Dana is a great guy. He told us he'll be appearing at the Magic Castle in August (if anyone's interested). He also told me that he pulled that costume out of storage especially for the event.

I loved his short versions of old magic tricks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Lannie,
    Any idea when the DVDs of the event will be going out?
    Mike

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Lannie,
    Any idea when the DVDs of the event will be going out?
    Hey Mike!

Carlene and staff are working on them as we speak. I'll find out for you ~

Along with working on the GHR event DVD, Carlene just finished a DVD with Bob Gurr about his life and Disney career. Should be a good one!

I'll get back to you as soon as I get a date.

UPDATE: Okay, I just got off the phone with Carlene, and she said for sure by July 20th (NFFC show) but those of us who pre-ordered will get it at least a week before, hopefully sooner. An outside video editor/vendor is working on it with Carlene.
    Last edited by Neverlandtink; 04-28-2008 at 03:14 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Thank you.
    Mike

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Thank you.
    My pleasure!

• We Want The Redhead

Just had to write about this somewhere!
    Wally Boag is a member of my church. His visits are becoming much less frequent as he gets older, yet he does still make it as he is able.
    Yesterday (May 4th) as part of the service, a tap dancer was invited as a guest. He in turn invited Wally up to join him as the service came to a conclusion.
    Wally leaned on the piano, and did about 3 minutes worth of comic soft shoe, a bit of patter and then after my calling for 'Boag-aloons,' he whipped a bunch of balloons and proceded to build us a 'Boag-aloon' poodle.
    Afterwards I spent as much time as I was able talking about all sorts of things.
    While I knew he had written the Golden Horseshow Revue, I learned that he also co-wrote the Enchanted Tiki Room show!
    Wally will always be on eof the true greats...
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Just had to write about this somewhere!
    Wally Boag is a member of my church. His visits are becoming much less frequent as he gets older, yet he does still make it as he is able.
    Yesterday (May 4th) as part of the service, a tap dancer was invited as a guest. He in turn invited Wally up to join him as the service came to a conclusion.
    Wally leaned on the piano, and did about 3 minutes worth of comic soft shoe, a bit of patter and then after my calling for 'Boag-aloons,' he whipped a bunch of balloons and proceded to build us a 'Boag-aloon' poodle.
    Afterwards I spent as much time as I was able talking about all sorts of things.
    While I knew he had written the Golden Horseshow Revue, I learned that he also co-wrote the Enchanted Tiki Room show!
    Wally will always be on eof the true greats...
    Sounds like a fun church! Glad to read that Wally feels good enough to not only visit church, but do a little soft shoe too. Thanks for sharing!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Hey Mike!

Carlene and staff are working on them as we speak. I'll find out for you ~

Along with working on the GHR event DVD, Carlene just finished a DVD with Bob Gurr about his life and Disney career. Should be a good one!

I'll get back to you as soon as I get a date.

UPDATE: Okay, I just got off the phone with Carlene, and she said for sure by July 20th (NFFC show) but those of us who pre-ordered will get it at least a week before, hopefully sooner. An outside video editor/vendor is working on it with Carlene.
    Hi Lannie,
    Have you heard any updates on the book or DVD?
    Thanks
    Mike

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Hi Lannie,
    Have you heard any updates on the book or DVD?
    Thanks
    Hi Mike,

I just asked Carlene about the DVDs and she said they started shipping them out a week ago. Evidently they had some at the NFFC show Sunday. I haven't received mine yet, but hopefully we'll get them this week.

Regarding the book, I had a great chat with Gene Sands and Lawrence Boag Sunday. Although they were really hoping to have the book ready by the show, they've been having some legal hang ups with copyrights. For every picture they want to include in the book, they have to have permission of course, from either Disney, or other actors pictured with Wally. This includes those who have passed away who still have estates and lawyers to tangle with. It's a tedious process, and there have been a few estates either not willing to give permission, or wanting to charge a crazy amount of money just to allow the picture to be published in the book. As of Sunday they still had about 17 pictures left to get clearance. They told me they expect the book to be ready this fall, possibly October.

Another issue they had was Bruce Gordon's death. He had worked alongside Gene, Lawrence and Wally to help with the format until he died. It took quite a bit of time to replace him, which is what caused more delay. (I think they've been working on this book for a couple of years now).

So that's all the information I have for you now. If I learn anything new I'll be sure and post it here, or send you a PM.

Lannie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast