Thread: Old Sea Monster

• Amanda Pearl

Red Face Old Sea Monster

So, I'm brand new here and realize this may have already been discussed, but I was so excited I had to share!
    I took my first trip on the new Nemo subs recently and there was a bit of a hold-up. We ended up sitting down in the sub about 3/4 of the way through the attraction for a good 20 minutes (waiting for a "whale" to swim out of our way) As I stared out my window at an uninteresting rock, I began to notice...the rock was the sea monster from the old subs! It looked like it had been sanded down, or maybe covered in a layer of concrete (as I said, it looked like a rough, craggy, gray rock), but the serpent/moster figure was there all the same. Pictures I tried to take were either A) too dark or B) the flash reflected off the glass. Anybody else seen this? It looked like there was another "figure" of the same type near it, of a mermaid/merman, however I was just a child when I went on the former attraction so I didn't recognize it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Old Sea Monster

Tribute to the former attraction.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Hi Amanda Pearl!

Yes, that's definitely a tribute to the old sea serpent. Cute huh? I got to see it in person for the first time this week. (The lines finally shortened to 30 mins!)

Our friend Richard Kraft actually has an original sea serpent at his house. There's a picture in here http://www.findingkraftland.com/gall...lbum=publicity I used to get such a kick out of that serpent on our submarine voyages.

I still haven't figured out if there are any mermaids in that coral cave. Has anyone seen any?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Hi Amanda Pearl!

Yes, that's definitely a tribute to the old sea serpent. Cute huh? I got to see it in person for the first time this week. (The lines finally shortened to 30 mins!)

Our friend Richard Kraft actually has an original sea serpent at his house. There's a picture in here http://www.findingkraftland.com/gall...lbum=publicity I used to get such a kick out of that serpent on our submarine voyages.

I still haven't figured out if there are any mermaids in that coral cave. Has anyone seen any?

the best way to find the mermaid was to find an odd bellybuttonish hole on a flat rock, look down and you see the tail, look up and kindof see the mermaid's top half.

it's before the seaserpent.

that is so cool!!! I wish i had something as priceless as the sea serpent in my collection!!
    Katie

• Amanda Pearl

So neat! I'm glad somebody else was able to spot it!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Yesm! That's it, I'm pretty sure!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Welcome to micechat!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Just one of those days

I know it's there but, being me, I haven't seen it yet. I've also heard that a mermaid tail can be seen in that same area. I don't know about that one.