Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Dec. 14, 2007: Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic

The next wave of Walt Disney Treasures DVDs was released this week. I've been looking forward to Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic.

I also bought the other two Walt Disney Treasures DVDs, but I haven't even opened the packaging yet. I've been too busy watching the Disneyland DVD and writing the review for Yesterland.

Have you viewed the DVD set yet? How did you like it? Do you enjoy the Walt Disney Treasures series?

Please discuss Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic and related subjects here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Dec. 14, 2007: Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic

Maybe the difference is the players involved, but when we played the trivia game, we did NOT have to see the intro clip for each land every time we played again. These only played the first time we went through, although if you quit the game and play later, you will see the clips, but, again, only the first time for each. It's worth playing at least once to "win" the short clip of Walt's apartment. And some of the questions are tough, especially for those that avoid the Tiki room and iasw.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: Dec. 14, 2007: Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic

Thanks much for the review, and for your sacrifice of sleep to bring it to us! I have some of these programs recorded off of televison, back when the Disney Channel would show park shows from time to time. But I'm really excited to get them all in remastered dvd quality. And as a video production professional I can't wait to get my hands on the behind the scenes look at the opening day broadcast. I've always known that there were 29 cameras on location that day, but I also know that there wasn't a video console in existence that could handle that many inputs. Should be totally fascinating to a geek like me!

i love these DVDs and snap them up as soon as they come out. the only downside to the content is the presence of leonard maltin on almost all of them. i find him cloying and trite. he and his stupid brooch collection are so annoying that i wish for his painful and protracted death.

I love this particular DVD. Especially for one scene in particular. I once read something about Walt driving around the park during construction of the park and when while doing so, if he caught somebody'd eye, he's speed up and make a crazy face and crack up laughing. To my surprise, Walt was caught on film doing exactly this! What a pleasant surprise to see this on film! Walt was "playing with his toys."

Another thing I enjoyed is the interviews with the late Bruce Gordon. As many of you know, he deceased just recently. So seeing footage of him was touching.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by wec View Post
    Another thing I enjoyed is the interviews with the late Bruce Gordon. As many of you know, he deceased just recently. So seeing footage of him was touching.
    I especially enjoyed Bruce's description of the Western horse ride simulator from way back when!
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

I've got a little over a week until I can actually watch this as all the Christmas stuff goes into the Christmas closet until THE DAY. Oh well.

I've got copies of Disneyland USA and Disneyland through the seasons and Disneyland at the World's Fair from the old Disney Channel days, but it it great to finally have the official ones!

I'm a little disappointed that the Disneyland Sing a Long songs that were going to be in the original version of this are gone, but that's OK. I think it is available on DVD (I have it on VHS).

TVKirby

• Animatronic

I am sorry to say, that despite knowing more that enough Disney trivia to easily win the trivia game, I cheated. I won once, bookmarked the win page, and then watched all the "prizes"

Thanks for the review, I found the feature to be enjoyable if a little outdated considering that much of the current Disneyland info specifically the Finding Nemo version of the submarine ride has I believe been opened for a couple years but those bits are fairly irrelevant considering what I wanted to see was the parts about Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion. But I forget who said it in the interview but, Walt said that it all started with a mouse, the imagineers say it started with Anaheim, I firmly believe it all started because one man refused to allow himself to grow up and created something that will truely live forever, Walt Disney is a man that will never truely die because through the parks and cartoons he has touched the lives of everyone.
    Hopefully in the future one of these set will give us a more insiders view of the attractions, the secrets the Haunted Mansion holds alone would make it worth the money for me.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I am really enjoying it! (actually watching it right now). In fact, Walt driving the vehicle just passed by on the screen...
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

This is a great DVD set What I would like them to do is release all 400 hours of the time lapse film that they still have

for all 400 hours they would have to put out several box sets just for that
    although it would be really awesome to see

• Big Grump

Well worth the money even if I haven't been there. Seeing the egg that hatched Disney World and the differences between DL and DW and the similiarities is fascinating.

Scott45

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I just got this for Christmas from my Dad! I can't wait to watch it. I am glad I could read all the reviews so I know what's in store for me.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Dreams do come true

I watched mine today, and I loved it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast