Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: the e-ticket magazine

I believe the E Ticket Magazine website has been taken down.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

For anyone who missed it, here's a thread about The "E" Ticket Magazine that started on February 29, 2008:

Jack & Leon Janzen produced an wonderful magazine for many years. After the passing of Leon, his brother Jack tried to continue the magazine.

A March 7 post in the above thread suggests that there will be one more issue and one more CD-ROM compilation. If that happens, The "E" Ticket Magazine will go out after 46 carefully researched, very interesting issues about Disneyland history. It's a great achievement by Jack & Leon Janzen.

Yes, the magazine's official website is down. I also removed my articles about the magazine and the first CD-ROM compilation from Yesterland. And Amazon no longer accepts orders for subscriptions to The "E" Ticket Magazine.

I hope a buyer will do a good job making the content available to new readers, whether as reprinted magazines, in book form, on CD-ROMs, or as online content.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Banned User

Well dang, this sucks.

I guess now my chance to get one of those CDs is gone forever, excepting maybe eBay.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Well dang, this sucks.

I guess now my chance to get one of those CDs is gone forever, excepting maybe eBay.
    I doubt the chance to buy the CD-ROMs is gone forever. If someone buys The "E" Ticket, which seems to be the plan, I would think that buyer will want to sell the current inventory of CD-ROMs and burn new CD-ROMs as long as there are people willing to buy them.
    Last edited by Werner Weiss; 05-08-2008 at 04:34 PM.
    Werner Weiss

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    I doubt the chance to but the CD-ROMs is gone forever. If someone buys The "E" Ticket, which seems to be the plan, I would think that buyer will want to sell the current inventory of CD-ROMs and burn new CD-ROMs as long as there are people willing to buy them.
    Oh, okay, well that's a bit more promising. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.

• Closed Account

The E-Ticket has been sold. The buyer wishes to remain anonymous. Currently there are no plans to continue pulication, or release back issues.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There is still one issue to be release, as well as another CD-ROM, maybe the purchaser isn't allowed to say anything until this is completed.

But once the sale is complete, it wouldn't make sense for the purchaser to sit on the property, and not get some of their money back.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    But once the sale is complete, it wouldn't make sense for the purchaser to sit on the property, and not get some of their money back.
    And that's what makes me optimistic that the Janzen brother's terrific content will be available in some form in the future.

When someone buys assets of a business, it stands to reason that the buyer expects to recover the purchase cost (and more) through future revenue derived from those assets.

There are some exceptions. For example, there have been cases in American business when a company buys a competitor just to eliminate that competitor. But I can't see anything along those lines for anyone who would buy The "E" Ticket Magazine.
    Werner Weiss

• Munchings & Crunchings

"There are some exceptions. For example, there have been cases in American business when a company buys a competitor just to eliminate that competitor. But I can't see anything along those lines for anyone who would buy The "E" Ticket Magazine."

Unless Disney was the buyer and they do intend to sit on the assets...

• ..but you can call me Pam

I don't think so in this case. DLR carried the magazine in at least one store, Disneyana on Main Street, so I don't think they were too worried about it being competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12