Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question the e-ticket magazine

Does anyone know if the E-Ticket magazine is still being published? I know the issues have been a little sporadic after the death of Leon Janzen's death., but has anyone heard any updates? I haven't heard back from e-mailing them via their website.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: the e-ticket magazine

I've received a renewal form from them fairly recently, so I'm assuming it is still being published.

• no flash photography...

would never buy a subscription from them again. I ordered mine on February 18, 2006 and received 2 magazines.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    would never buy a subscription from them again. I ordered mine on February 18, 2006 and received 2 magazines.
    They slowed production after Leons death. I just renewed my subscription a few months ago. It is such a quality magazine I want to show my support in hopes he will continue to publish them.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    They slowed production after Leons death. I just renewed my subscription a few months ago. It is such a quality magazine I want to show my support in hopes he will continue to publish them.
    yeah, they still owe me magazines, but I'm not holding my breath.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Recently, I renewed mine, too. It really is the most thorough look
    at Disneyland over the years, and the most consistant, compared to
    any other Disney fan magazine. With Disney even giving up their own
    Disney Magazine a few years ago (which is some I hope Iger might
    bring back) and even Disney giving up on the Disney Adventures kid's
    comic magazine just in the past couple of month leaves me very
    disappointed. These are/were collectors type magazine, which I often
    enjoy looking at previous issues.

With The E-Ticket Magazine, the historical/yesterland info that goes
    in these info's, I would hope an apprentice or two are being brought
    into The E-Ticket. The quality of the magazine is even high enough,
    that Disney sells it in their parks. There are a few Issues I don't have,
    so now, I am seriously considering purchasing the 1st 16 on DVD-ROM.
    Hope they are placing the rest on DVD-ROM, also.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

I agree. I think it has always been a labor of love, and published as each amazing issue is assembled, not according to a deadline. Quality publication, quality people . . . whenever an issue can be produced is fine with me. I treasure each one. By the way, the site is up.

Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Well, being that it's a quarterly magazine, I think I've only received 3 in the last year, maybe. It is definitely a quality magazine, and Jack could keep going with the amount of stories that are out there and the interest in it.

I heard somewhere that he was going to make #50 the last issue, (I think the most recent is #44) and he even said that it was originally the plan, but hadn't made the final decision about it. If anyone goes to the NFFC show in January I'm sure he'll be there to ask in person.

I think it's about time for a new one to arrive!

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Well, being that it's a quarterly magazine, I think I've only received 3 in the last year, maybe. It is definitely a quality magazine, and Jack could keep going with the amount of stories that are out there and the interest in it.

I heard somewhere that he was going to make #50 the last issue, (I think the most recent is #44) and he even said that it was originally the plan, but hadn't made the final decision about it. If anyone goes to the NFFC show in January I'm sure he'll be there to ask in person.

I think it's about time for a new one to arrive!
    Actually #45 was sent out this past summer. The cover story is "The Art of the Pirates of the Caribbean". I think the past few years have seen only two sent per year.

Actually #45 was sent out this past summer. The cover story is "The Art of the Pirates of the Caribbean". I think the past few years have seen only two sent per year.
    I did not receive that one. I paid for four magazines in 2006 and so far have received two. Apparently they can't keep up with who has active subscriptions and who does not. I will never order through them again. It's been almost two years...two magazines in two years is crazy.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I did not receive that one. I paid for four magazines in 2006 and so far have received two. Apparently they can't keep up with who has active subscriptions and who does not. I will never order through them again. It's been almost two years...two magazines in two years is crazy.
    Did you try contacting them Scooby? Maybe they got misdirected in the mail. I had recently ordered 3 movies from the Disney Movie club and after 45 days I had not received them. I called and they immediately sent replacements that arrived within two weeks. The first set never did arrive. If the post office can lose a package of movies it's possible they lost the magazine.

I have all my other issues packed away so I can't tell you what other ones I've received, but I know I received four before I renewed again. They come in a white envelope and on the address sticker it lists the issue number through which you are paid. It does not give a date when a subscription expires.

P.S. On the inside cover it states that it is produced roughly two times a year.

• Former Cast Member

I went to the NFCC convention this past January and bought some of their back issues and one of the gals working athe table told me that a new issue is coming out shortly. They will be at the NFCC convention in July, so if you are missing back issues, that is the place to get them.

Scooby, contact them before you get too upset--being in Canada and ordering form them 15 years back in the early days, I had a few probs that were always handled VERY VERY quickly and politely. As others said this is a true labour of love, and a gorgeous one and I think we all have to give them more patience than you would for a more professional magazine. So give it a shot before you bad mouth them on every Disney site

E

whats a E-TICKET?

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

An E-Ticket was Disneys highest ride ticket, when it still used tickets. It would allow admission on rides such as Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Pirates, etc.

A good example of the tickets from 1972 can be found here http://www.yesterland.com/abcde.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast