Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yestervenirs

• Banned User

Talking Yestervenirs

no no, not a type of veneer for desks or anything! this is for old souvenirs you remember from any of the theme parks out there.

last time we visited disneyland was in 93 or 94 to see the final performances of main street electrical parade amongest other stuff iirc. that was broken in 2005 when 3 members of my family attended for the 50th. anyway....

I remember getting a silver plastic colored hat that said disneyland on it with led lights that changed color (the type of led that looked like light bulbs, not the small luxeon type leds now) and it took a 9 volt battery underneath the band somewhere. as was the usual tradition when I was younger, I probably tore it apart to look at it's guts then it got tossed still wish I had it today, much more disney then these generic christmas light neck bracelets they sell all over....

what do you remember purchasing that you no longer can get?

• no flash photography...

Re: Yestervenirs

I use to always get a ceramic Disney figure. I loved them, but now they only have plastic ones...so cheap....

when I was a child I would always get a stuffed animal, pre teen/teen a ceramic figure and then a pin, until the pin trading thing went crazy and I totally lost interest in pins.

• SpitSpot!

When I was there in 72, I bought a Donld Duck hat the had a squeaker in the bill. I LOVED it!!!! I also bought lemon drops in a Jiminy Cricket box. It was clear plastic with a JC figure on the top. I loved that too! Does anyone remember the bags the stuff came in? I think they were plain bown paper. Could be wrong. I was only 6.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Pack of cigarettes

... just kidding, I don't smoke.

• Banned User

When I was little, in about 1967, I remember my parents bought me an Alice in Wonderland watch that had a pale blue band, and an Alice figurine with it. Wish I still had it today!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I use to always get a ceramic Disney figure. I loved them, but now they only have plastic ones...so cheap....

when I was a child I would always get a stuffed animal, pre teen/teen a ceramic figure and then a pin, until the pin trading thing went crazy and I totally lost interest in pins.
    Scubabe, Disneyland still has ceramic figures. Some of the new ones actually have small "jewels" and glitter attached, and are prettier than the ones they used to sell.

I collected those for years, and still look out for them even though I stopped collecting a while ago. The China Closet on Main St. sells tons of them.

I have one small figure I purchased as a kid in the early 1970s. It's a small, blue rubber Mickey Mouse. Nothing fancy, and I don't know why I still have him! They used to sell those, along with pink Minnie Mouse figures before they came out with the all color PVD figures you see in the stores today.

• Banned User

A blue & gold felt Disneyland pennant. Can't get those anymore.

• Mrs. J. Depp

In the nineties DL used to sell Disney Barbie doll characters. They still do, but you cannot buy these ones anymore except on Ebay. I have Alice in Wonderland and Tinkerbell, which are both Skipper dolls. And Jasmine and Aladdin. I also had Belle, Snow and Ariel but i can't find pictures so i don't know if hey were actual barbies.

Last edited by IzzyInWonderland; 04-04-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

the thing i remember weren't from Disneyland
    but the whole Disney On Ice
    i remember getting those plastic cups with characters on them
    they used to serve something in it but i dont remember what
    we still have some i love those things
    "The past can hurt. You can either run from it or learn from it."- The Lion King

This may sound strange but I always loved the paper bags that Disneyland used in the 70's. It was very colorful and had an image of the castle with color dots. I used to collect them and store them in my desk drawer for no apparent reason. I wish I still had them today!

Quote Originally Posted by blast-off-girl View Post
    This may sound strange but I always loved the paper bags that Disneyland used in the 70's. It was very colorful and had an image of the castle with color dots. I used to collect them and store them in my desk drawer for no apparent reason. I wish I still had them today!
    Like this?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrubbl...7594278451315/

I run a classic Disneyland souvenirs group on flickr. Anyone is welcome to join and add stuff (as long as it's pre-1990!) -
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/classic...ouvenirs/pool/

- Matt

That's one very cool collection. I remember so many of those items.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I have a rose that lights up from Disneyland, I got it from a long time ago - when Disneyland had the electral parade...it was much better than the one at DCA today.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mhinrichs View Post
    I run a classic Disneyland souvenirs group on flickr. Anyone is welcome to join and add stuff (as long as it's pre-1990!) -
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/classic...ouvenirs/pool/

- Matt
    That's a fantastic Flickr group. I'm a member of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast