Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Was there ever an older version of Splash Mountain music???

Exactly! I have the Musical History set, but would love the "eerie" version. I take it that Magic Kingdom has a different version as well (more country sounding), but it's been a while since I've been. I'd love to have that one too.

thanks for the heads up on the Gospel version--I'll have to try and track that down.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    The previous ride track (Sooner or Later, as opposed to the eerie version of the Laughing Place song), is the version currently available on the Musical History of Disneyland 6 CD boxed set.

As far as the Gospel Zip a Dee Do Dah, that was on the first Official Album of Disneyland and Walt Disney World in the late 80s. It has been on a few CDs after that, up until they replaced the one song with the medley that is currently on the official albums.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    Exactly! I have the Musical History set, but would love the "eerie" version. I take it that Magic Kingdom has a different version as well (more country sounding), but it's been a while since I've been. I'd love to have that one too.

thanks for the heads up on the Gospel version--I'll have to try and track that down.

thanks!
    The Official Album of Disneyland (the 2 disc set currently in the stores), has the "eerie" Laughing Place song sung by the rabbit and possum mothers. I just checked on the CD.

As far as WDW, there is no scene with the mothers singing that song. It was left out of the attraction, so no audio version of it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

[quote=BrerDan;2710821]Exactly! I have the Musical History set, but would love the "eerie" version. I take it that Magic Kingdom has a different version as well (more country sounding), but it's been a while since I've been. I'd love to have that one too.

Yes, the WDW has a more "frontier" banjo picking sound to fit in it's Frontierland location, while the Critter Country version is more "cartoony". I tend to prefer the WDW sound.

I like both...but it's been a while since I heard the MK version. I need to track it down somehow!

[quote=steve2wdw;2728901]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post

Yes, the WDW has a more "frontier" banjo picking sound to fit in it's Frontierland location, while the Critter Country version is more "cartoony". I tend to prefer the WDW sound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12