•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

VMK Heading for Yesterland?

This may sound silly, but with VMK going the way of the Dodo bird next month, will it also have a place in Virtual Yesterland?

While there may not be much tangible memorabilia left behind (save for a few cards and pins), Virtual Magic Kingdom is very much based on Disneyland and has had its share of visitors (or denizens) over the past 3 years.

Will the teens and tweens of VMK be showing screen shots of their virtual selves to their grandkids; all decked out in pirate or superhero gear? Will they keep and cherish their Teleporter cards and in-park quests in a box in the attic?

I wonder how others view the VMK phenomenon, because it really has drawn many DL and WDW lovers together to hang out, go on quests, barter, and play games together. It may be the first attempt at a virtual theme park to really go somewhere and gain a following.

I am curious as to what others think...
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: VMK Heading for Yesterland?

Well the general emotion around most forums and on VMK has been complete sadness. Obviously this seems like an unfair move on Disney's part. I used to do in park quests with my boyfriend and we had so much fun collecting our prize cards. I never kept the cards and if VMK doesn't stick around, its something i will eventually get over. What i won't get over is the friendships i have made there. The time spent talking to some truly neat people in a fun atmosphere where magic and fun are above all the main focus. Thats something i won't soon forget and i hope to still keep in touch with these folks.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• I was deleted.

I don't know PEZZ. My mom asked if I would get rid of all of my cards now. (I still have codes that haven't been entered and when I moved they became one big mess.) I think I will keep a few cards for some fun things like the Stitch Hat and what not and of course the pins I bought or traded for. Beyond that, I don't know. I would be quite interested and pleased if Warner did add this as a part of the Yesterland site. I know that numerous MiceChatters could add in some screen shots and information if needed. (I also know that Kevin Yee ran at least one article about it when VMK started its beta testing.)

• Banned User

I'd really hope that VMK was added, providing it does close, since there's one big fight going on between the fans of VMK and Disney. I'd probably wait until May 21st to see whether it closes or not.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I think it might make an appropriate addition. It's a promotion, like the Disney Afternoon Avenue, or the 50th. It's an extension of the 50th, but took a life of its own, and quickly gained popularity as the virtual DL for many people who couldn't be there in person.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I think it might make an appropriate addition. It's a promotion, like the Disney Afternoon Avenue, or the 50th. It's an extension of the 50th, but took a life of its own, and quickly gained popularity as the virtual DL for many people who couldn't be there in person.
    If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

It is about Money. VMK brings in zero revenue, tying it to the 50th is just just an easy out. They tried to tie it in with merchandise, but it failed.

Had it been tied to the 50th as a temporary attraction, it would have been labeled as such.
    Last edited by PanTheMan; 04-10-2008 at 09:39 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    I am curious as to what others think...

I will miss it. It has been a fun thing both myself and my kids enjoyed.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• DL Nerd

I tried it but I couldnt get into it. But I feelbad for anyone who does play it often
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I think people are having a hard time letting it go, and for that reason it deserves a spot on Yesterland for the moment. I say for the moment because I just don't think the memory of this will last more than a few months. The people who played this (me included) will move on to the next best thing and eventually forget VMK.

With that said, when does the Cars website and fairies website open? (See, I'm already waiting for the next best thing.)

• Senior Minion

I've kept most of my VMK cards, and I will miss the game. Even though I didn't play as often as I used to in the last few months I enjoyed it.

• dream out loud

I would love to see it at Yesterland. Personally, I would buy a book that featured all the beautiful digital artwork that is in VMK. Plus, I'm sure there's an archive of actual artwork produced in designing the game. I love how it combines elements of all the Disneylands/Worlds plus tons of other whimsical touches. It was so full of imagination and yet so perfectly captured the spirit of the parks...

I should stop saying "was" - they've got to keep it going!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by airick75 View Post
    I would love to see it at Yesterland. Personally, I would buy a book that featured all the beautiful digital artwork that is in VMK. Plus, I'm sure there's an archive of actual artwork produced in designing the game.
    That would be awesome. I would so buy a book like that.