Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• JimBeach

Re: What's your favorite Disneyland memory?

Several. My first was as a small kid we went to Cap't Hook's pirate ship and I was a bit scared by Cap't Hook. Then a bit older it was my first time on the Matterhorn. Then later it was on Space Mountain, it was near closing and the line was so short the crew let us stay onboard and gave us a second ride. Also, a candy store in Sleeping Beauty's castle used to sell rock candy which happened to glow in the dark under the black lights of the Peter Pan ride.

• Vroom, vroom!

my best memorys were the railroad for openers HAD to ride the train all the way from main street back to main street.
    the electrical parade I saw the last show and loved it but the last time I went was grad nite and that whole thing is one big memory for me 1/2 good lets ignore the bad. It was my first ever ride on materhorn mt. and when we got in line it was dark but slowly I saw the lights dim on the mountain as the sun rose up an the sun rose from the east behind the mountain!
    afterwards me and my cousin and his friend hedded to ride indy and everyone else had alredy left to shop on main street or get to the buss early. so guess what no lines!! but the only thing open was indy WITH NO LINE!!! so we ran through got on and ran out to the plazza and took pictures infront of the castle with nobody there at all then left.
    they say a park is no fun without people but for about an hour I was in a park with out any other guest and after a OVER crowded night in the park it was heaven to see the park with only me and 2 other people and some CMs sweeping up a bit.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Inhospitable about happy

Haunted Mansion, August 14, 1969.

Nothing else has come close.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• JimBeach

I absolutely loved the Moog soundtrack to the MSEP. I think it's my ealiest love of synthesizer music which would later come to dominate the 80's and a lot of my musical tastes. I was maybe 12 years old or so and didn't have the money to buy the single (remember vinyl 45's?) of the music. I later forged one of my mother's checks and sent it to Disney for the record.

• Triple Goddess

I remember the all night parties for the opening of captin EO and I think they had one for star tours, too. I was probably 15 or so and I remember spending the night at Disneyland. What could be better than that? When we were tired, we got on the train and took naps. but who could sleep. My favorite memories of Disneyland are from when I was about 15 because I would always go with my brother, he was my best friend. Now that we're older, we're still close, but with families of our own... Now that I take my own children, we create "favorite memories every time we go.

Well, this isn't a DisneyLAND memory but a DisneyWorld memory...I remember how I felt when I went through the main gates...I was like..."I'M REALLY HERE!"
    "The only weapon against reality is your imagination."

• Dave

Blog Entries

Mine is when we took our son 3 at the time and spent hundreds of dollars and he hated it. I tried to get a picture with Donald and he screamed no dad the duck will eat you. The next day on the way back home we spent maybe $50.00 at the LA Zoo and he loved it.
    Dave

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

my fave memory was when i met a great girl there that day and fell in love with her. we broke up but for a while it was great relationship and we had met at Disneyland. and i guess my fave memory that day was of us both riding on the Carousel at DCA, it was sweet.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

well that was one of my fave adult memories of Disney, but i guess as far as childhood memories it would be of my Grandma and i going on the Peoplemover that was our fave ride, and her last time going on it and going to the park was in 1993. great memories.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Too many to count....but I remember August 1984 - when we took my 'almost' 66 year old Grandmother on Matterhorn! She thought it was so funny.......but hadn't been on it since the 60's - from what she told us. She rode it with cousin Floyce and my brother and I sat in the section ahead of them....all in the same boblsed. It was hysterical and Grandma Ginny and Floyce laughed so hard!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by american_werewolf View Post
    my fave memory was when i met a great girl there that day and fell in love with her. we broke up but for a while it was great relationship and we had met at Disneyland. and i guess my fave memory that day was of us both riding on the Carousel at DCA, it was sweet.
    I met a guy at Disneyland too. And we actually dated for a little while after that. The moment i met him, tingles ran up my back. I was so twitterpated. And we went on Space Mountain together and watched the fireworks. I was with my best friend and he was with 2 of his friends and we made our friends follow us everywhere while we had this little whirlwind romance at Disneyland. I'll never ever forget it.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Oh my gosh, such awesome stories those are.....so cute!

• Minion

Being surrounded by the sounds of the 70s and all the action of the old Tomorrowland as a kid.
    And then being surrounded by the sounds of the 80s and all the action of the old Tomorrowland as a CM in Tomorrowland.

• Banned User

Being at DL for my first time. 1967 before my mom died. I was 6. I remember the candle shop and the smell in there. So vividly! And, I remember IASW, POTC, Tiki Room and Adventures Through Inner Space.

My favorite memory is the day I met my wife. She worked in Main Street Merch. and I worked in NOMK (New Orleans Main Kitchen) back in 1989. The second favorite memory is when we were able to take our children there and share the happines with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast