Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's your favorite Disneyland memory?

mine is from when i was lil and my dad took me and my fam...i remember having THE best ice cream cone! lol it was great

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: whats your favorite dineyland memory?

My favorite Disneyland memory is sitting on the side of Main Street with my parents watching the Electrical Parade when i was about 3 or 4. To this day that music still makes me cry. Ahhh memories.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    My favorite Disneyland memory is sitting on the side of Main Street with my parents watching the Electrical Parade when i was about 3 or 4. To this day that music still makes me cry. Ahhh memories.

aww how cute!

• Banned User

Re: What's your favorite Disneyland memory?

I was seriously afraid of MSEP as a little kid. Way to confusing and loud for me with all the lights and snails and spinning turtles and their synthesized voices.

...wopwopWOPWOPwopwop...

Now that I'm older and a synthesizer aficionado, I couldn't love it more.

Actually, I was afraid of most of DL as a little kid. The animatronics, the loudness, the drama, the strange people in strange anthropomorphic costumes, the weird music, the heat...

Again, that's not the case anymore.

So anyways my best (and really hazy) memories are sleepy, warm, California nights at the park, probably in a stroller. The Lion King sound track and MSEP musical score both stir up these memories.

Did they used to do the Lion King Parade at night, or even dusk?

Man, the soundtrack definitely brings back good memories of just daytime at the park with the Lion King parade.

Those were the days guys...

Well...first off, i think Disneyland is a great place to get a memory. Some wild stuff there to experience.

I remember going on the Submarine Voyage in the early 70's...just fragments of images, but I remember seeing THAT and just being entranced by the look of it, the achievement of it. I miss that original version of the ride, I just thought it worked so well! I think it changed the way I felt about water, forever.

Becoming aware of the Matterhorn's waterfalls at some point as a small kid, when the mountain and the waterfalls just seemed so huge and "real," real wonder and majesty there.

Two shocking moments that I recall so clearly, in the Tiki Room and the Country Bear Jamboree...seeing the mounted heads/faces on the wall suddenly COME TO LIFE after being still for such a long time...things on the wall that you thought were static, suddenly moving and TALKING and becoming, to all appearances, alive. Total surprise. I remember my shocked reaction.

And It's A Small World, from back in the 70's when the soundtrack was all the original material...the beautiful look of the ride and the cheerful music and the impression of hugeness, as if the ride was a world that just went on and on...(to my adult eyes now, I am too aware of how big the construction actually is and the fact that it's a series of stages...it still looks great, but I remember my awe-struck reaction initially).

There's others but those are the ones that come to mind off hand...

• Mrs. J. Depp

Oh yeah the Tiki Room and CBJ are definite memories for me! Every year when we went for my birthday as a kid, it always rained and we would escape the rain by seeing these 2 shows. I have such memories of the CBJ and i'm sad that its gone. I want to be able to take my kids to see it someday at the park that made me a Disney fanatic!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

I have so many wonderful memories of Disneyland! I don't know where to begin. Because we lived in Southern California, my family and I went at least once per year. I loved the Electrical Parade too with the Moog synthesizer soundtrack.

One event that I really looked forward to was the Thumper Easter Egg Hunt. It's a shame that it no longer exists.

As a teenager, I always had a good time hanging out with friends. There were always a group of punk and goth kids that would hang out on the weekends. Everyone thought Videopolis was lame but we all went because we were underage and there was nothing better to do.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Best memories were old Tomorrowland. People that weren't around during those times can't grasp how cool Tomorrowland really was. It's tough to explain but there was just an energy that is totally dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    mine was also siting with my family watching the disney main street elestical parade

• Laughing Last..

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Best memories were old Tomorrowland. People that weren't around during those times can't grasp how cool Tomorrowland really was. It's tough to explain but there was just an energy that is totally dead now.
    Agreed whole heartedly, there was always something there to "wow" you. And, a memory that some may think is quite strange, the subs and the Disneyland railroad ran on diesel fuel, the fumes would carry over into Tomorrowland sometimes. So, to this day, whenever I smell diesel exhaust I can't help but think of the old Disneyland.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Well, I have to quote you also, aashee...the updated Tomorrowland that happened in the late 90's just kind of ruined it for me, in a way...it was like the last bit of coolness was extinguished, or something. The Innerspace ride was gone, the PeopleMover was gone, the original Submarine Voyage was closing down, and the place had a dull Jules Verne makeover that, in a way, looked too polished and classy. I prefer the retro look, slightly cheesy as it was, it was always very happy and attractive.

It's A Small World, over in Fantasyland, had its music tracks rerecorded in the late 80's or early 90's, not sure exactly when that happened, but there was a special "feel" to the original audio tracks that was missing from the polished new tracks.

I don't mind Disneyland changing things now and then, but the changing or removal of certain rides has always saddened me...

One of my favorites is of course the MSEP! Because I love the music.

Another favorite of mine is getting to ride BTM 3 times in a row because it was lightly raining that day. (I'm from Vancouver where it always rains so it didn't bother me at all )

WOW I have so many wonderful memories. from the first time I rode Space Mountain in the late 1970's, to spending my honeymoon there (and my bride truly making it the happiest place on earth) to the countless visits over the years with friends and family.

It is really too hard to pick out just one.

• Showus your Larboard side

I guess I should say first off that for our family Disneyland was a special treat for us. We didn't have much disposable income back then and my Dad was very thrifty, so for us our regular haunt was Knotts because you could get in for free. But we did get to go to Disneyland more than a lot of kids in my neighborhood.
    My favorite memory was the time my Dad (who wouldn't have been able to pick Walt Disney out of a two man line up and probably really didn't care either) was bringing two handfuls of ice cream across the sidewalk and ran into Walt and a bunch of suits that were out walking the park. Walt just laughed and teased my Dad about wanting one of the cones. Dad just excused himself and walked on. We asked him if he knew who he almost knocked down and spilled ice cream on and of course he didn't. My Mom was so embarassed.
    It wasn't a regular thing but we did use to see Walt around the park some. To me that was always something special. I sometimes wish I would have gone up and introduced myself.
    Mike
    an old guy

• Triple Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by blast-off-girl View Post
    I have so many wonderful memories of Disneyland! I don't know where to begin. Because we lived in Southern California, my family and I went at least once per year. I loved the Electrical Parade too with the Moog synthesizer soundtrack.

One event that I really looked forward to was the Thumper Easter Egg Hunt. It's a shame that it no longer exists.

As a teenager, I always had a good time hanging out with friends. There were always a group of punk and goth kids that would hang out on the weekends. Everyone thought Videopolis was lame but we all went because we were underage and there was nothing better to do.
    I used to go to Videopolis, too! If I was there, I could stay out past my curfew because my parents felt I was safe there! I met so many GREAT friends there. Sooooo many wonderful memories.

I have a new favorite memory every time I go! My favorite current memory is my daughter going on Indiana Jones for the first time. It was like I was going on it for the first time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast