Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Space Place Restaurant in TL

The photo has been flipped. It's backwards.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Some suit in Burbank needed to pad his portfolio so he could snag a golden parachute, obviously.

Actually I do remember Tomorrowland in the mid-90s, and by then it WAS getting a tad long in the tooth. What was needed, though, was just a refreshening, giving what was there a new sheen and gloss, just a sprucing up, not an entire renovation that totally changed its character. Its overall character was JUST FINE AS IT WAS. What it needed was the proverbial new coat of paint, maybe a rebooted attraction (like revamping Mission to Mars and making it a totally new show - Journey to Jupiter or something). But instead of that, our Tomorrowland (and we old timers have the right to call it that) was, for all intents and purposes, torn down (metaphorically) and rebuilt into something else entirely.
    Very well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by indydisneyfan View Post
    I know this is not a pic of the Space Place but since you said you liked the peoplemover in the background I couldn't resit posting this pic of it which was taken from the skyway in the late 70's also.

Sean

That's one of the things I miss...all the movement on various levels. Now, the Peoplemover track still sits empty, and fewer Monorails pass overhead...and another thing - the old Character Shop beats that new store there, but that speaks more to the overall problems with merchandising around the park.

And I ate at Space Place a few times. To get back on topic, anybody else got any Space Place pictures?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Witch Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    The photo has been flipped. It's backwards.
    You know it is I never noticed that before. I grew up just a few miles from Disneyland and have tons of photos from my many visits lots of them from the 70's and early 80's I wish I knew where the negatives where to lots of them and if they even still exist.

Sean

• Witch Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Very well stated.

And I ate at Space Place a few times. To get back on topic, anybody else got any Space Place pictures?
    I know we ate their lots of times on our many trips to Disneyland because of the stage nearby. My Father would get us lunch their a little before show time and then we would see whoever was performing. I can't remember the food very well but I do remember seeing (and this is going to date me) Ray Stevens perform their.

Sean

indydisneyfan, that's a cool picture besides the fact that it's flipped. I love seeing "the world on the move". You have the peoplemover overhead, the monorail on its track, and the autopia cars buzzing around. but i especially love the peoplemover!

edit: and i almost forgot, you also have the subs floating thru the lagoon and the skyway buckets looming overhead! And though this is transportation, you have a spinning building and the rocket jets .... oh my god, the old tomorrowland was so much cooler IMHO.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    oh my god, the old tomorrowland was so much cooler IMHO.
    I agree fully, the old tomorrowland looked like it had life. Thanks FutureImagineer for the awesome pics.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12