Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Original Sleeping Beauty Walk-thru PICTURE

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    In celebration of the reported reopening of the SB walk-thru (and even better, in celebration of the fact that it will supposedly harken back to the style of the original), here's another extremely scarce picture from that original.
    You do know that it is no longer just a rumor? It is in the works, and the location of the old attraction entrance has already been boarded off.

I am so excited that this is really happening!

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ed-100418.html

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by retrodiz View Post
    You do know that it is no longer just a rumor? It is in the works, and the location of the old attraction entrance has already been boarded off.

I am so excited that this is really happening!

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ed-100418.html
    Yep, I know! This is a rare thing, bringing back an old attraction. Besides the Subs and the Electrical Parade, I can't think of any other examples.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

I have never been able to visit DL being from the East, but know all about its history thanks to sites like this and many others over the years, and as a many time visitor to WDW in the 70s and 80s it's easy for me to connect with old DL history.

I envy DL's good fortune that they have gotten their Sub ride back whereas ours was abandoned and plowed over, still have a Mr. Toad ride and now it's great to see that this closed Sleeping Beauty walkthrough attraction is coming back at last.

Now all that's left is finding a use for the Peoplemover track!

• Inhospitable about happy

Since every precious relic from the original walk-thru itself (as opposed to, say, concept art) has drifted into this thread, we may as well post the latest sensational example: the Maleficent figure recently displayed by Imagineer Chris Merritt at the meeting announcing the new SB walkthru. There are two pretty decent pix out there:

Just for fun, I decided to photoshop Mal into a more Sleeping Beauty-ish environment, to help us imagine the original setting a little better:

Oh, I love your recreation!

I wonder how many other original items have been preserved?

I was so excited to see how the interior of the castle is configured in the photos of the model. It makes the thought of building a model of my own really tempting.

• Minion

ORDDU: Many years ago, the 'E Ticket' Magazine did a wonderful recreation of the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk thru via a series of drawings which showed the castle in terms of invisible, cut-away walls which revealed the location of each and every scene in relationship to both the interiors and the exteriors of the medieval fortress. It was very impressive and it would be nice if there was a way to reprint the whole thing on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Many years ago, the 'E Ticket' Magazine did a wonderful recreation of the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk thru via a series of drawings which showed the castle in terms of invisible, cut-away walls which revealed the location of each and every scene in relationship to both the interiors and the exteriors of the medieval fortress. It was very impressive and it would be nice if there was a way to reprint the whole thing on this site.
    ORDDU, do you remember which issue that was? Rats, I was just at the NFFC sale and bought some E-ticket Magazines. I checked out the contents of all of the back issues on the table pretty carefully and did not see anything on the walk thru. But I'm sure if it was a really old issue it would have been on one of the DVDs; a little pricey for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12