• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

June 6, 2008: Angels-Disneyland Double Header

Special Angels-Disneyland Double Header tickets. Only $5.00 each!

Link to Angels-Disneyland Double Header, at Yesterland

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Re: June 6, 2008: Angels-Disneyland Double Header

Wow, I cant even buy 1 beer at the game for $5 now!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Great piece! Although with the inflation part, I think that the $66 part of today is due to raising ticket prices 2-3 times a year and I wouldn't really consider that part of inflation more than I call it supply and demand.

I always look forward to your pieces. More! More!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Great piece! Although with the inflation part, I think that the $66 part of today is due to raising ticket prices 2-3 times a year and I wouldn't really consider that part of inflation more than I call it supply and demand.

I always look forward to your pieces. More! More!
    Supply and demand. Exactly. Plus a cheap AP with 4 visits in a year drops the cost to approx. $30. By the way, minimum wage is at $8.00 in California, so if you went 4 times in a year and had a cheap AP, you are looking at less than 4 hours of work per visit for Disney. Still a lot of value in Disney.

Nice job, like always, Werner.
    The cool thing on it for me (and now I'm definitely showing my age!!!) was the calendar at the end. My father worked at General Dynamics for many years and to me, his work highlights were the GD nights at DL!!! Otherwise, we would hardly ever go (It took a lot of pleading, and usually, to no avail). Yes, we were probably there on that June night with all the GD parents/kids.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Although with the inflation part, I think that the $66 part of today is due to raising ticket prices 2-3 times a year and I wouldn't really consider that part of inflation more than I call it supply and demand.
    Inflation simply means "a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money." Clearly, there's been inflation since 1967.

Disney theme park prices have gone up faster than the general rate of inflation, as measured by the Consumer Price Index.

The actual pricing of Disney theme park tickets is based on what consumers will pay. The frequency and size of increases are based on The Walt Disney Company seeking the optimum pricing at which profits are maximized—as high as possible without driving away too many guests.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

• FastPass n00b

I can't afford what I used to, my pay has steadily risen and I stay at home to save money so I can eat and live in a studio. I don't care what it's called or how it's argued, Werner is correct...a dollar is NOT what it used to be.

It makes savings moot too since the whole reason for saving is compound interest. And if you can't get your savings up to a compounding interest level that exceeds inflation, then you are actually *losing* money by saving.

Now, if my paycheck matched the inflation rate and the inflation rate matched my paycheck, I'd be a millionaire! That's a huge discrepancy and it's because inflation has FAR outstripped the average worker's annual raises.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Weiss View Post
    Inflation simply means "a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money." Clearly, there's been inflation since 1967.

Disney theme park prices have gone up faster than the general rate of inflation, as measured by the Consumer Price Index.

The actual pricing of Disney theme park tickets is based on what consumers will pay. The frequency and size of increases are based on The Walt Disney Company seeking the optimum pricing at which profits are maximized—as high as possible without driving away too many guests.
    Oh I agree inflation plus supply and demand. Setting a price that is IMO extrememly high but still low enough that people will (albeit grudgingly) still purchase those tickets.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

LinkBacks (?)